Your Voice, Our Strength

Atleast 17 children were admitted to hospital in Tamil Nadu after consuming a mid-day meal at an Anganwadi


On Monday atleast 17 children were admitted to a hospital in Tamil Nadu’s Cuddalore district  after they consumed a mid-day meal at an Anganwadi.


Children who ate food at an anganwadi in Poodhangati village began to vomit and faint. They were rushed to the Cuddalore Government Hospital.

Parents also alleged that there was a “dead lizard in the food which turned it poisonous“.

District Collector K Balasubramaniam reached the hospital and spoke to the parents. Two children had to be given drips while others were out of danger, he said.

“Food safety officers and other officials are conducting an investigation based on which action would be taken against those responsible,” K Balasubramaniam said.

As per Covid-19 relaxations, the mid-day meal scheme was re-initiated in anganwadis across the state from September 1.

The Midday meal scheme which is designed to provide better nutritions to the school students in India.

You might also like